Princess Helena College Mathematics Faculty focuses on making a positive, interesting learning environment through:
- Interactive resources
- Regular feedback
- One to one support
We believe this strategy enables pupils to gain enjoyment from logical thinking and problem solving.
Enthusiasm is also sought outside the classroom through regular competitions that show pupils how enjoyable maths can be. Recent competitions have included:
- The UK Maths Challenge
- The National UK MT for Juniors & Seniors
- The Hertfordshire Team Challenges
- The Further Maths Schools' Project
Although in sets, each and every student is given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Our IGCSE qualification challenges pupils and best prepares them for A Level.
If a student excels during Year 11 or Sixth Form we:
- Offer Further Mathematics
- Cater for anyone ready to take their exams early